Casual Sundays with Mr Curry

Gobsmacked

Print the article

This entry was posted on 11/7/2012 7:42 AM and is filed under Politics.

Well, It's official; I don't know anything.

I was wrong.

I thought, that just as every presidential election in my lifetime, the bad economy would be hung around the incumbent's neck, sinking him.

I was wrong.

I was wrong.

I was wrong.

I thought the 2010 elections and the Tea Party meant something.

I thought the enthusiasm on display at Romney/Ryan events, contrasted with the lack of same at Obama/Biden events meant something.

I was wrong.

I was wrong.

I thought Americans could tell a hawk from a handsaw.

I was wrong.

We were offered the clearest choice we've has since 1980, where we had malaise and a misery index on one hand and a shining city on a hill on the other.  Back then, we chose the city on the hill.  This time the choice was between a man who says 7.9% unemployment and $4.00 gas is the new normal and a guy whose entire career has been about fixing broken entities.

We chose to stay broken.  And Broke.

Maybe I'm wrong about the ramifications of this choice.  Maybe windmills will actually turn out to be a viable energy source.  Maybe America diminished will be loved overseas.  Maybe a nuclear Iran won't be a threat.  Maybe Israel is over reacting. Maybe western civilization was always over rated. Maybe life under sharia is fun.  Maybe when the rest of the world realizes that we have no intention of ever paying back that $16,000,000,000,000.00 (and counting) that we've borrowed from them, they won't devalue the dollar, causing hyper inflation here at home.  Maybe China will just keep on giving us money and not demand our hearts, souls, national monuments and marriageable daughters as payment.

I've watched my candidate lose elections before but I've never felt the way I did last night when this one was called for Obama.

It wasn't bitterness or sadness or even disappointment.  It took me a while to figure out what it was.  Then it hit me; it was horror.

Pure, unadulterated horror.

Not because of Obama, but because of what it says about us, the American people, that we chose this.

It shouldn't have even been close.  Faced with the choice between taking charge of our destiny and tackling our financial problems, we opted to get high and have sex. We re elected a guy who doesn't understand that a growing economy that creates more tax payers will bring in more revenue than higher taxes.  A Commander in Chief who doesn't know our military still uses bayonets. A man who wants to control the economy without even knowing the difference between bankruptcy and liquidation.  It was one thing to elect an unknown quantity, buying his line of 'Hope and Change'.  It's something else to deliberately choose his failed policies over someone who has actually achieved success in life.  I never dreamed America would do that.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, Hello Idiocracy!

Goodbye, recovery.

Goodbye, energy independence.

Goodbye, religious liberty.

Goodbye, liberty and justice for all.

Goodbye, America dream.

It profits a man nothing to lose his soul for the whole world but we threw ours away for cell phones and birth control pills.

In the twentieth century (the American Century), we stepped up to the plate three times and saved the rest of the world from fascism, nazism and communism.  We were the cavalry, always riding to the rescue.

Now, we've gotten rid of our horses, spent all our money on windmills, alienated our allies, bowed to our enemies, cut ourselves off from our own natural resources thrown away our children's birthright and spent their inheritance.

And we did it on purpose.

When the wolf is at the door (and he's coming, yelling 'Allahu Akbar') we're going to find out that there is no one out there to come to our rescue.

On the bright side, maybe it'll all turn out great.  After all, I don't know anything.

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
Trackback specific URL for this entry
  • Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments

• 11/7/2012 10:39 AM Woody wrote:
      Hard to beleive that we looked behind the curtain, so that the emperor had no clothes on... and decided he would be better. I always knew there was a chance Romney could lose, but I have to admit, I didn't think he would get his ass kicked.. and he got his ass kicked. Not sure why. Probably all sorts of reasons why, larger voter turnout then expected, people afraid to go for drastic change, a lot of people who think it would be cool to be Europe. Who the hell knows. I do believe the next 4 years will be no better than the last, in fact I think they will be much worse. The economy will fall off a cliff, we could be looking at a full blown depression. Small business (any business under $20M/year), not going to hire anyone. Why should they? and I think the conflicts in the Mideast are going to explode.
      Obama is convinced that through his charisma and overall being smarter than everyone else will convince all to live in Eutopia and we will all be as one.. with him of course as the architect and leader of this new world. He has no idea that the rest of the world is so excited that he won because they consider him a joke, a total lightweight. Left his own people to die in Bengazi and his silly MSM didn't challenge him on it. Hell he won't do anything. And they are right.

Sad day for us. But not the end. At least we didn't lose the house, so he can't just ride roughshod over our principles. And we shall see what happens in 4 years.. no way its Biden. Probably will be Hilary. For our side.. who knows.. would like to think Christie would be willing to jump in.
      1. 11/8/2012 7:40 PM Madeline wrote:
        Now that the nonproductive part of society has won the election, the question is how will the productive part of society provide for them, create economic success and economic freedom?
      2. 11/19/2012 7:16 PM Anglo wrote:
        Well, if you don't know why, you have or are asleep at the wheel and you, like most of America are going to crash into the guard rail. The reason why is more than obvious with the rampant voter fraud and the fact that most American's have allowed an open border to go unnoticed, or out of mind, out of sight. Had nothing to do with what was right about the election as the election was wrought with thousands upon thousands of wrongs and it wasn't hard, prior to the election to see who was going to win. Like I have always said, and reminded too many people of-"don't count your chickens before they are hatched." Ignore the poles, and face reality of dirty politics. Yes, a change would have been better than what we now have but, like too many Americans, you have no idea as to how dangerous Ryan is. All you have to do is look at his voting record, but then you have to look and understand what some of the issues/bills that he voted on stood for, primarily violations of the Constitution. Romney would also be supporting Amnesty and do so by saying that he had no choice as his back would be against the wall.
        As far as the house goes, you had better revue some of those so called conservatives, take Rubio as an example.
        The House has capitulated on to many issues that made their votes satisfactory for Obama.
    • 11/8/2012 1:31 PM Julian wrote:
      This is my first exposure to your blog, and I'm really horrified at your whack-0 musings. My guess is that you won't publish my comment, since it is not complimentary. And I see that 87.5% of you readers agree with your rubbish, so I'm clearly in the minority here (or could it be that you only publish compliments?)
      In any case, as one of my brilliant friends just said, "This article is so INCREDIBLY stupid...I am TOTALLY at a loss for words!" I agree with her. I'm thinking that you must live in a very different America than we do. God bless you.
      Julian
      1. 11/8/2012 1:44 PM MLP wrote:
        Hey, God bless you too Julian.  I dont' only publish compliments.  In fact, before yours, my favorite comment ever was someone who thought I should suck on the tail pipe of a car.  Flames make me laugh.  I hope your friends are brilliant and I am wrong about everything.  Just like I said in my incredibly stupid article.  Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting.
        1. 11/9/2012 3:27 PM mickey wrote:
          Woody, Let the comments come in an publish as many as you can, everyone has the right to voice their opinion and vote as well. I agree with you and hope that you are wrong, . We try to improve the future based on our past. But I feel we did not on this time around. But of course it is still getting blamed on Bush at least 50%.I am shocked that more voters did not see what has happened in the last 4 years, it has not improved. Our country is going down and has been for years, I feel sorry the the one person in office when it hits rock bottom, hard. They sadly will get all the blame and go down in History as the one responsible for it all
        2. 11/20/2012 3:38 PM Hank wrote:
          MLP:
          You wrote this Opinion Piece?
          Are you aware that gas is NOT $4.00/gallon? Just returned from the pump in Texas where I paid $2.97.
          Should similar scrutiny be applied to your other opinions?
      2. 11/11/2012 1:56 PM Susan L wrote:
        I've never seen this blog either before a friend forwarded the comments today.

I agree 100% with "Mr. Curry" - this article is excellent. The problem I have with Julian and people like him/her (sorry not sure)is that they attack your comments as "rubbish" and "stupid" but refuse to back up their position. Which comment specifically doesn't refer to well known facts? I've put out lots of comments to liberal family and they just say, "We disagree" or "My politics are different than yours" but they refuse to debate on the issues and instead resort to name calling.

If I could ask Julian and his/her brilliant friends to do one thing it would be to watch this interview. I don't know if you'll let me put a link on your site, but here it is: http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/it-is-high-noon-for-america/. It's an interview with a man named Jamie Glazov whose family escaped from Russia when he was young. It explains history and the leftists fascination and idolatry of Communists and dictators. It is powerful. I don't know how anyone who watches this and truly educates themselves to the truth can not begin to question their world view.

Thank you for an excellent synopsis of this horrifying election.

Also, you may want to let your followers know that there are now many petitions at www.whitehouse.gov that citizens have submitted calling for the peaceful secession of their states. I wonder if this has ever happened before after an election?? I encourage you to log in and sign the petitions.
      3. 11/12/2012 10:03 AM Jane Faircloth wrote:
        ok Jilian ,Precious Listen ,over 16 trillion dollars in debt ,half the country on some type of Santa Clause assistant and unemployment at a record high vs WHAT!!!!you do the math-----
      4. 11/13/2012 8:35 AM Jim wrote:
        One could have predicted that a liberal like Julian would spew reactive comments like "whack-o, rubbish, and stupid." Nothing constructive, no different opinion, just hate speach. WTG Julian. Why don't you file this article away and look at it again in 4 years. I hope the author is wrong, but his arguments make perfect sense.
      5. 11/13/2012 11:15 AM Andrew V wrote:
        No Julian, It's you that lives in or wants a different America than we built. I've been on this earth in America for 73 years. The product of grandparents from Lithuania who came here legaly. Started working at 11 years old ($.15 per hour) stocking grocery store shelfs. This lead to paper routes, pumping gas, caddy, USMC, night school(that I paid for) and then a management training program starting at $375.00 per month, 60 hour work weeks, no overtime and eventually a VP with a comfortable salary. Did not retire after 20 years but again chased the American dream expanding a small business of my own for 18 years that I hope I can be involved with until I'm called home. No one gave me a cell phone, paid my rent, bought my food, paid me to have kids I could not support, sent me a tax credit check for taxs I did not pay and I did not have to pay for my neighbors birth control or health insurance. We all took care of ourself. Those that could not (and I don't mean would not) got help from their church or the neighborhood. You're right. The article is incredible. Incredible to witness the demise of what was a country of opportunity for those who wished to accomplish the American dream to now a new generation of dependents and recipients of entitlements. Soon this country will run out of guys like me who rolled up their sleeves, worked, earned a good living and have the wealth. Then what do you do???
        1. 11/13/2012 10:51 PM ken wrote:
          Your reply was almost as great as the article itself..
      6. 11/15/2012 6:47 PM jerry wrote:
        Julian, you sound just like a typical DUMBOCRAT!!!!! This blog was not only outstanding - but it was also 100% on the money! You must be living in a dream world if you think this country is in better shape now - than it was 4 years ago. That, or maybe you're living with mommy and daddy mooching -- or are you another "government mooch"?? Cmon be honest.
      7. 11/16/2012 4:17 PM Ludi wrote:
        Do you know the Constitution? Check out Agenda 21 maybe it's a world you want to live in. That's what we are headed for. At 70 + yeaars I know I don't want it.
      8. 11/17/2012 1:53 AM Karen Miller wrote:
        Sir: It is also my first exposure to this blog and I can say with total clarity that it is you and the rest of the mindless leftists that are stupid! Wait and see what your votes have done. You deserve what you are going to get, but the rest of us don't. Stupid is as stupid does!
      9. 11/19/2012 2:52 PM doc30 wrote:
        Julian, do you have any actual points to make? Or is venom your only rebuttal substitute?
      10. 12/2/2012 12:37 PM michael wrote:
        Julian - your analysis is very thought provoking. The way you capitalized "INCREDIBLY" really drove home the observation that the article was stupid. Similarly, knowing that you are "TOTALLY" at a loss for words reinforces how profound your reaction must have been. Given the depth of your feeling I sympathize with your inability to express it in words. One (small) suggestion: you might consider the use of a frowning emoticon - I find that emoticons are invaluable for really getting at the heart of the matter. Other than that - keep up the good work, and continue to engage fearlessly in the battle of ideas.
      11. 12/3/2012 1:04 PM Linda Gommel wrote:
        Julian, I'm thinking that you are living in the new Amerika, which has very little resemblance to the America some of us grew up in. Our hearts are broken, both for the shattered America, and for those of you who are blind and clueless to what was. Incredibly sad, and it has all happened in my lifetime.
    • 11/8/2012 1:56 PM Alan wrote:
      "Ill fares the land to hastening ills a prey, where wealth accumulates and men decay." These things run in cycles, and 'this too shall pass.' We may soon learn what a Pyrrhic victory is all over again!
    • 11/8/2012 3:23 PM Harry Wicks wrote:
      Sadly, your comments are spot on. Nov. 6, 2012 was a sad day for the United States.
    • 11/9/2012 6:58 AM Lois Chamberlain wrote:
      It is sadly so very true. I am overwhelmed with grief at the loss of my beloved country
    • 11/9/2012 7:23 AM Marla Esposito wrote:
      Your statement is very factual and intelligent. The President won the vote from blacks, Latinos,Single women and those 18-20+. A vast majority of them immigrants who have little, single moms totally overwhelmed and unexperienced individuals.... all the above needing and wanting FREE health care, housing, food stamps ect. Of course they voted for governmental control and "handouts". They do not have the emotional health to deal with the issues you quoted. But...that was the plan. Pres Obama would not close our borders and took from the "workers" to give to the "needy".... for this end result. !!!!!!
    • 11/9/2012 6:38 PM Dave Gaylord wrote:
      I hope this analysis is wrong but I am afraid it is right! The result just goes to show that you can buy an election by buying votes as the Democrats did. Wasn't if Jefferson who predicted what would happen when so many feast at the public trough? I am afraid that is what has happened and so we are destined to spiral down into the morass that Greece is experiencing now. Hopefully God and some enlightened conservative will find a way to stop that spiral spin in the next election!
    • 11/10/2012 6:45 AM Malcolm Massie wrote:
      When the majority of the half-breed President's supporters are more concerned about the free stuff he promised or what is the latest color of Kim Kardashian's lip gloss, it is no wonder that he won. God help us all, but then, why should He help us? After all, we have as a nation turned away from Him and become a country of lotus eaters.
    • 11/10/2012 10:04 AM Michael Addison wrote:
      You did a wonderful job at capturing the gist of this phony and the naivete of the American people. Now what do we do?
    • 11/10/2012 12:22 PM Scott Kennelly wrote:
      We have the most powerful military in the World, and we have the most advanced fleet of ships, the most advanced airforce, some of the best trained soldiers, etc. You seem to be saying that Obama has ended all that. He has not. In fact, he is playing ball with the military industrial complex, just as they would have him do. He has not made much change at all. He is a bad president, but I do not believe that Romney would have been much better. I don't think it matters who is president these days. It seems they all stink in their own ways. As for the economy though . . . employment is up from last year, the economy is growing faster now than it was when Obama took office, and no, we are not spending anywhere near enough on windmills. Holland is. They are going go run their country entirely on free wind power in 5 or 10 years. What do WE do? We keep sucking of the Arab tit. We make Arabs wealthy, while screwing ourselves, when we could build thousands more solar panels and windmills every year, reducing the need for oil every day . . . but we don't. Obama claims that he is trying to stop that short-sighted thinking. I don't believe him. I think he is a corporate shill, just like Romney would have been. What we need is a president like Ron Paul would have been.
    • 11/10/2012 1:32 PM Ruth C Evenchai wrote:
      Please publish this on Facebook.
    • 11/10/2012 5:33 PM Julie wrote:
      Thank you so very much for writing this. I, like you, am in a state of shock. I was not able to pin point my feelings until I read your post. Years ago I heard the term, "The Dumbing up of America." At the time, I just didn't get it. These past 4 years it has become crystal clear. Our young people are truly in for a surprise when their new Messiah fails even worse than he did the last 4 years.

I have always been an eternal optimist. But I have found myself in a mourning of some sort. I even found myself looking at people in cars and on the street thinking, “Are you the kind that voted for this man? Did you really not know? Were you too afraid this would take some work? Were you too afraid to admit your vote for him in 2008 was a mistake – so you did it again? Do you really think no one has to pay for all of the things you think are FREE? Why?”

It has made me recommit myself to teaching my children: 1) Don't ever be lazy. 2)You must follow truth - not what you are spoon fed. 3) Don't fool yourself into thinking that you will be successful any other way than working your tail off. Work honestly, think intelligently. 4) Wake up everyday and be thankful for what you have and what it took to get it.

I am the 4th generation of a family business that is 103 years old. I wonder what my forefathers who worked so hard through depression and wars to start and keep this business going would have thought of this new entitled society. My genes are from strong and successful people. They were never rich, but successful because they were Norwegian immigrants and they achieved the American Dream. I will be damned if the shell of a person that America just reelected will bring 103 years of labor and toil to defeat. It just won’t happen. It may not be easy – but it won’t happen.

Thank you again… your thoughts are dead on.
    • 11/10/2012 5:34 PM Rebecca wrote:
      I want to hear more about getting high and having sex, just sayin....
    • 11/10/2012 9:09 PM Judy Lea wrote:
      A Sad day for America. We now know that we are the minority in our own country. There is now no more moral majority. I think we came out as strong as we could but we couldn't defeat the bus loads being bussed in by Obama and his supporters. The only thing that keeps me sane is that I know that our God is still in control. When He is ready, he will put a stop to there lunacy. He says is His word that He will never leave us nor forsake us. I am living on that Word. God be with you if you are part of the Moral Minority for that is what we now are.
    • 11/11/2012 6:18 AM bethann bee wrote:
      On November 6th most Americans chose toe put their faith in the government of the US and Barak Obama. This article points out just how foolish most Americans are. Consider that the first Spiritual Work of Mercy listed in the Catechism of the Catholic Church is "To instruct the ignorant". I think all true Christians can agree that we've failed to be merciful to our fellow citizens.
    • 11/11/2012 7:57 AM Louisa wrote:
      I wake up every morning since the election with such an emptiness. My fears have come true the Americans sold their souls to satan. I want to believe in conspiracy theories but everybody laughs at me, including my husband. This feels and looks like a set plan since sept.11 2001. Maybe I'm wrong. For the past 11 years I've had nightmares about our attacks on sept. 11 2001. We all lost something that day. The evil plan was set. I cry for this nation. Again I hope I'm wrong. It's just me over reacting. I feel in impending doom I cannot shake. I have two young adults 23 and 21. I worry so much about them. If I knew then what I know now. I would not bring children into this world. I'm very frightened by the future.
    • 11/11/2012 8:02 AM nancy wrote:
      My sentiments exactly. How the hell did this election go to Obama? It makes no sense at all.
      Just flabergasted and a little depressed
    • 11/11/2012 9:35 AM Jim Alston wrote:
      You were not wrong. Your instincts (along with those of millions of other people) were right on the money. What happened on November 6 was a wholesale Chicago-style theft of the presidential election put in place by ACORN-type groups over the last four years and paid for by Soros money. Do you really believe that (given your long list of expectations) fewer conservatives came out to vote for Romney than voted for McCain in 08?
    • 11/11/2012 11:22 AM Peter wrote:
      Remember that scene in Empire Strikes Back where Yoda lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp, making Luke exclaim "I don't believe it!" And Yoda sagely responds "That, is why you fail."

That sums up your entire position on Liberalism and Obama voters. Almost this entire article is based on false dichotomies or at least broken axioms, and a basic lack of understanding the opposing view.

To show you what I mean, I'll cherry pick a couple quotes from your post

"I thought for sure that given such a clear choice, Americans would vote for love of country over revenge."

Broken Axiom #1. Right out of the gate you show that you've given zero effort to understand the other side, and instead just claim disbelief. Romney being "a clear choice" is subjective, not objective. And I'm not sure I even understand what you mean by "revenge" in this context.

"I thought Americans would never sell their liberty for the sake of trinkets like cell phones or even big shiny lies like 'free health care'."

Broken Axiom #2. None of this serves to help your point. It's sensationalist garbage. I'd ask you to look me squarely in the eyes and say that 61,907,639 Americans voted for Obama because of free cell phones or other "handouts". No, they voted for him because of his stance on civil rights and equality, freedom of religion, pro-choice stance, , And for the record, I've never heard of this "free health care" that you purport is being promoted by the Obama administration.

In fact, did you know that Hayek, the economist/philosopher that Paul Ryan is such a huge fan of, believed that a country should have a very generous welfare system that would extend well beyond what "the socialist Obama" does, to include not only food and healthcare, but to the point where the government would provide a home to the individual constituent?

Also, exactly what freedom did I have to sell for Obamacare?

One thing that you need to realize is that America is progressing. While I respect that many people want the 1950's back, many of us don't, and I personally prefer to not be on the wrong side of history.

Lastly, I encourage you to do some serious research into how much power the President has to effect the economy, unemployment, gas prices etc before you mete out too much criticism or praise on *any* President for these issues. (Here's a hint: not that much)
      1. 11/13/2012 12:44 PM MLP wrote:
        Please. I've spent over five decades surrounded by liberals while they explained their world view to me.  I understand it just fine.  My own life experience and knowledge of human history proves it wrong over and again. What you refer to as a broken axiom is neither axiomatic nor broken. It's my opinion. Obama told his supporters tha tooting is the best revenge. I meant voting but that's too funny to correct. Dam iPad.
        Once you've graduated from college you'll find that Yoda isn't as wise as you think he is.  As for supporting Obama for his stand on civil rights, if the federal government can force The Catholic Church to support contraceptives, it can force all of us to do anything.  Thanks for reading, may the force be with you, trust no one, go brown coats.

1. 11/14/2012 10:32 AM Peter wrote:
          Why do you assume that I'm still in college? Not all liberals (or liberal-leaning people) are indoctrinated college kids.

Heck, I never even went to college. I'm a 34 year old, self-educated software engineer. My income puts me in the top 7% of individual earners in the US. I don't say this to gloat but to let you know that I don't fit the jello-mold of a low-income, entitlement-program-dependent, lazy liberal that so many conservatives are pissed at.

I'm not even going to touch the church comment, I don't want this to turn into a religious argument, but I will instead say again that you make one more broken axiom. Don't like the word axiom? Think these things aren't axiomatic (they are)? Fine, try this instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Your axiom (erm, I mean, point) closely fits Appeal to Probability and definitely fits Slippery Slope.
          1. 11/14/2012 9:35 PM MKS wrote:
            Peter, you yourself brought up Mr. Obama as a supporter of "freedom of religion". Then, when confronted with a fact - that Mr. Obama abrogated freedom of religion by attempting to force Catholics to fund contraceptives, you say you are not going to touch the "church argument". You opened the subject.

The pro-choice position may be legal, but it is barbaric. Hunting kills animals. War kills armed combatants. Capital punishment kills convicted criminals. But abortion kills unarmed, innocent humans - evidenced by the fact that a pregnant woman has two heartbeats, tow brainwave patterns, and two separate DNA information sets.

Liberalism, progressivism, or leftism promotes the notion that one man should gain his provisions from another man's efforts, and it is a corrupt philosophy. It is Compulsion disguised as Compassion. Thinly disguised.
            1. 11/16/2012 6:05 PM Peter wrote:
              Freedom *of* religion is not the same thing as freedom *for* religions. Let's make one thing clear: banning contraceptives does not lead to abstinence, both for adults and young adults alike. It does, however, lead to increased social guilt, unwanted pregnancies, the spread of STDs, and it bascially demonizes the human condition. Besides, if I had to start a list of all the things the Catholic Church has been wrong about, rescinded, was on the wrong side of history for, or apologized about, I'd need 10 posts at this 3000 character limit. Also, I don't think you really want to suggest that recognized churches should be allowed to practice or promote anything within their respective dogmas. Should practicing pagans be allowed to exercise human sacrifice in the name of religious freedom?

Abortion is a tough topic for me. I'm not 100% sure where I stand, but when I'm confused on such issues I usually lean more towards positions that grant more personal freedoms, and the power to choose is. Since I'm not religious, I don't believe all life is sacred nor do I believe in souls. The preferential treatment we give our own species has always been curious to me. We regularly squash bugs, slaughter food animals, spray for bugs, set out moustraps, and euthanize pets. So why are we so gravely concerned with terminating human life that is no more or less self-aware and, at times, certainly less "alive" than any of these? And please don't conflate a pro-choice stance with a pro-abortion stance. In this case, I think sex education, contraception, and adoption are all preferable outcomes.

"Liberalism, progressivism, or leftism promotes the notion that one man should gain his provisions from another man's efforts"

No it's not, but you having that perspective makes it easier for you to demonize the liberal position and makes it convenient for you to spend zero time trying to understand it.

Liberalism is primarily about equality. This is at the foundation of America. You know what's on the US Seal? E Pluribus Unum. Howe about the Declaration of Independence? We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.

Can this quest for equality go too far? No question. I think "participation trophies" are a travesty and policies like No Child Left Behind do a lot more harm than good and incentive teachers, students, and educational institutions in all the wrong ways.
    • 11/11/2012 2:02 PM tannngl wrote:
      Wow, it's as if you wrote my thoughts.
      I never thought this would happen in a million years.

I just read that Dick Morris feels it's changing demographics. I say it's increasing immorality, greed. Human nature without any restriction is basically self centered and evil. And here we are with less families, more abortions, more homosexual relationships and acceptance, more government handouts and accepted lawlessness in our leaders and our fellow citizens.

I won't totally give up on the moral, and individually responsible nation we had not that long ago.

Thanks for your post.
    • 11/11/2012 5:04 PM Dorothy Coley wrote:
      So beautifully put. What you said has been in my heart, but I could never have said it so well. I pray we are both wrong about the future of our beloved country, but I doubt it.
    • 11/11/2012 7:17 PM Judah wrote:
      The idea that America was presented with a clear choice and chose the incorrect one is wrong, however popular it may be with modern "conservatives". The choice was between a scoundrel who wants to ruin us domestically and doesn't have the backbone to prevent our ruination abroad, and a scoundrel who wants to ruin us abroad and doesn't have the backbone to prevent our ruination domestically. This is the first presidential election I can remember where I really did not care which way it turned out. The bitter lessons were learned in the primary, where we learned that fear is running our country, not reason. I cannot convince myself that Obama is worse than Romney, and can make an admittedly shaky case that Romney would've been worse that Obama. Praise God that he is on the throne and can take care of us no matter which king we demand to rule over us.
      1. 11/13/2012 10:09 PM shel wrote:
        what are u talking about?
    • 11/11/2012 8:30 PM June Nielsen wrote:
      You hit it all right on the head. I,too, am in total disbelief and wonder how our country became so ignorant.
      Thanks for your thoughts.
    • 11/12/2012 7:34 AM Yannis Basil wrote:
      Umad?

Obama won get over it
    • 11/12/2012 12:25 PM Linda wrote:
      I'd like to quote/reference/site you on Facebook. May I?
      1. 11/13/2012 4:12 AM MLP wrote:
        Yes.  Anyone here who would like to link any of my blog to Facebook has my permission to do so, even if only to mock what I've written.  I am a firm believer in freedom of speech and if i wanted to keep my thoughts private i would not post them online. Just let me be clear, I am not mr curry, I just used his name. He can't be held accountable for anything I write. Someday, I may write something he disagrees with.
    • 11/12/2012 4:56 PM Harry Greer wrote:
      the shame is the total lack of principle in the majority of american people. I only thank God I am of an age that I will not have to live long under what these fools have chosen to give us!! I just hope I,m around for the revolution when it happens
    • 11/13/2012 7:43 AM Carol wrote:
      Perhaps Mr. Curry, along with Rove UNDERESTIMATED the anger of 310 Americans over being DISENFRANCHISED once again by Rove's STEALING the primaries from Ron Paul, making Rove a laughingstock all over the country.

Secondly, Rove spent ALL THAT MONEY AND EFFORT "stealing the primaries", Rove UNDERESTIMATED his competition in the general election. When you think about Obama getting 100% of the vote in over 40 Philly precincts, that's "some BLATANT vote fraud that not even ROVE would have believed". Just THINK what the Obama crew did in the OTHER states!!!!
      I WILL NO LONGER WASTE MY TIME VOTING IN "THEIR" DOG & PONY SHOWS.

Third, Romney was thoroughly EXPOSED as a war-monger, Israeli pawn, and CROOK by White Hat Reports #1 thru #47, VeteransToday, and other alternative media.

HOW CAN YOU "POSSIBLY" BE GOB-SMACKED????
      1. 11/13/2012 12:56 PM MLP wrote:
        Keep up the good work !  Maybe by 2016 there will be 311 OF YOU.
    • 11/13/2012 2:57 PM Pat Rice wrote:
      This was forwarded by a friend. I read it with great interest. I am subscribing because I want to continue to learn the TRUTH & what I CAN DO to preserve our freedom. Thank You!
    • 11/13/2012 5:27 PM Sad and Scared wrote:
      A friend shared this quote today: America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. (Abraham Lincoln)

Seems this is the way we are headed.
    • 11/13/2012 7:44 PM arn73 wrote:
      I lost my birth country to people like Obama. The same retoric " redistribution of wealth". Let's be equal, the rich have to pay more taxes or we will take their wealth. And it happens, but I know why!. ENVY . take one of your eyes out to see the other people blind. I love this country , and i would give my life for it, but I got a very strong feeling that what we know as a country will come apart soon very soon. We will see real needs, a lot of hate, a lot of crime and our country will come apart, and perhaps that would be our salvation, to have all the Republics that united make up our country, to go their separated ways and rebuild independently, and not allowing those that want to keep a "progressive look", to keep their socialist ideas. The goverment has not started the jail, and executions yet, You think that I'm crazy, well think again because we are on the path for it, and kind of late to come out of, unless we become independent Republics again.
    • 11/15/2012 9:47 AM Tom Brown wrote:
      Romney lead the perfect presidential race, he should have won. He lost because black voters voted 95% for Obama.Never in our history has that happened.This shows that race is more important than country. The 46% black also has created post election for Obama the 53% slogan that 53% of Americans want higher tax rates. Well if 46% are on entitlements why wouldn't they want tax hikes to continue their way of life. Obama has created a massive government but a controlled government.What would a detailed audit of Cleveland and Detroit and Chicago voting results show as part of a massive cheating scandal.In the 1960's AFFIRMATIVE ACTION initiated to give more equity for blacks in the workplace with very restrictive hiring percentages. The ratio of whites to blacks in the workplace in the 1960 is a grain of sand compared to a 95% of blacks voting for Obama.
    • 11/15/2012 10:11 AM Anonymous wrote:
      I agree with your comments 1000%.
      The muslim in the White House is
      leading us to "Allah Akbar" and the American people swallowed it
      HOOK LINE SINKER!!! May God have
      mercy on us!
      1. 11/19/2012 7:18 PM Anglo wrote:
        Wrong, may God have mercy on them for there are those of us who will not bow down nor back down like the majority of American's have and will do.
    • 11/15/2012 10:51 AM g mann wrote:
      I totally agree with your assessment. I voted against Obama who has been building the government and its subsidies to minorities and un and under employed to establish a larger voting base. He manipulated the public through an organized program of propaganda by his biased supporters to win a majority. His record never really came into play with those who were the beneficiaries of his benefits programs.
    • 11/16/2012 7:10 AM Melanie Kozak wrote:
      Man up and grow a set!!!!! Someone take one for the team and make the problem go away Permanently.
    • 11/16/2012 12:32 PM George Brown wrote:
      I too never thought Americans would willingly throw away their freedom but because academia successfully distorted our history, millions of children with unacknowledged fathers who "claim personal responsibility" and "demand respect", we have sunk to depths undreamed of. If you married mothers had stayed home, if you fathers didn't strive for outward status, if you didn't lease cars and if you didn't spend instead of saved, we wouldn't be in this predicament. Too late now.
    • 11/16/2012 11:59 PM Jordan Christison wrote:
      I don't believe you were wrong at all. The fact is that the Left, as it always has done, used cheating and criminal acts to achieve this supposed victory. We are told, even by professing conservatives that we lost, so get over it. I find it insane to ignore the fact that nothing is to be said about an area that had over 140% of registered voters, vote for (guess who) and NO investigation or prosecution.
      NEWS FLASH! It does not matter if we conservatives convince 90% of the population that morality over murder and fiscal responsibility over gratification: IF we allow the criminals to continue to cheat. We can have 99% support and let them count the votes - and guess who loses?
      This election should be nullified because of MASSIVE FRAUD, starting with the fraud in chief. There will be no more elections if this fraud is not exposed and stopped.
    • 11/19/2012 9:40 AM louis wrote:
      so 92.5% like what you wrote do they vote.where are all the Americas on election day.why don't the republican offer a free i-pod or something it would probly be cheaper then giving all there money to the liberal media for advertisement
    • 11/20/2012 11:55 AM Carroll wrote:
      The positive contributions to society by Obama are so rare that I cannot find one and the negative ones too numerous to list. I am only allowed 3000 characters so that is a discouraging limit.Beyond the clear evidence that he usurped the office,(numerous digital experts have testified that his presented birth certificate is a not-so-clever forgery) let us first peer into the illusion as to how brilliant he is. No, not brilliant at all; only a good delivery boy (of speeches) but only when he has teleprompters. He is the puppet of George Soros and others and no more. But brilliant, well, he could not sort out who/what it is/was he was talking about during his 2008 campaign when he mentioned 57 states; the United States or the Oranization Of Arabic Cooperation (they have 57 members). Makes me wonder if he is maybe a Muslim, which he denys. But don't forget the Islamic word Taqiyya. This word invokes the right (duty) to lie endlessly to non-muslims if it advances the cause of Islam. His numerous promises during the 2008 Campaign which he never kept, the most obvious being "I will lead the most transparent administration in our history". Pardon me while I puke. His supposed cirriculum vitae which supported his "qualifications" to lead the United States listed him as the Editor of the Harvard Law Review. Well here is a place where we find two additional firsts; the first black editor and the first (and only) editor who NEVER wrote an article for the review. He then was elected by a narrow margin to the office and after nearly 4 years of failure at everything but getting us into an enormous additional debt (in less than 4 years he exceeded what Bush did in 8 years). More people on welfare, more illegals across the border (enabled by his illicit E.O.s), more E.O.s which eroded our constitutional rights, more arrogance, and narsicissim than anyone should be willing to accept of a person of his standing.Finally he works his way through appointment of additional illicit Czars, new records of time on the golf course v.s. time doing his job, new records of family vacations of enormous expense and new records of handmaidens for Michelle, then in a town hall meeting he accused hard working small businessmen of "not building that" business. What a jerk. But, apparently emboldened by getting by with all this (and more)for 4 years and being re-elected via a well known to be a fraudulent election)he had the audacity (borrowed from the book that someone wrote for him I guess) to begin to talk about the strategy for a THIRD term and to tell congress that he will determine what is constitutional and what is not. I think we have a dictator in the making. All americans (with a small a) who put this Kenyan dipstick back in office should go to church and pray for forgiveness.
    • 11/20/2012 11:58 AM ranger wrote:
      Obozo stole; face it
    • 11/20/2012 8:36 PM Sandy wrote:
      Gobsmacked

Well, It’s official; I don’t know anything.----Patriot

You know as much or more then most-----Sandy

I thought for sure that given such a clear choice, Americans would vote
      for love of country over revenge.---Patriot

I was wrong.---no you were right they did---Sandy

I thought, that just as every presidential election in my lifetime, the bad economy would be hung around the incumbent’s neck, sinking him.----Patriot

I was wrong.---- no you were right they did million and millions did----Sandy

I thought that even those few Americans who were fortunate enough to still be fully employed (not counting those leeching off the public system) would be cognizant of how much pain their neighbors were in and elect someone who would at least try to make improvements.--patriot

I was wrong.---no you were right they did in large overwhelming support for each other and country----Sandy

I thought that now that FINALLY some of the disturbing truths about our first black president had come to light, voters would reject a man so dangerously at odds with the American experience.----Patriot

I was wrong.--- You were right at the very least 8 million we can see that were recorded saw the light and weren’t fooled twice--- Sandy

I thought the 2010 elections and the Tea Party meant something.---Patriot
      you were right and it still does meant allot----Sandy

I thought the enthusiasm on display at Romney/Ryan events, contrasted with the lack of same at Obama/Biden events meant something.---Patriot
      Yes it did and still does----Sandy

I thought Americans would never sell their liberty for the sake of trinkets like cell phones or even big shiny lies like ‘free health care’.---Patriot

I was wrong.----You were correct 59+ million have been recorded as so, also millions tried but had their votes hidden from us---Sandy

Never in a million years would I have supposed that America would support a president who left his (our) people to die at the hands of our enemies overseas without lifting a hand to help, then lie about what he watched in real time for over two weeks, then lie about the lie for another month.---Patriot

I was wrong.---You were right they didn’t support a stand down order. The office of President of America has been usurped.---Sandy

I thought Americans could tell a hawk from a handsaw.---Patriot

I was wrong.---You are right. The propaganda, miss information and total black out of facts and truth create that appearance.---Sandy

We were offered the clearest choice we’ve had since 1980, where we had malaise and a misery index on one hand and a shining city on a hill on the other. Back then, we chose the city on the hill. This time the choice was between a man who says 7.9% unemployment and $4.00 gas is
      the new normal and a guy whose entire career has been about fixing broken entities.----Patriot

We chose to stay broken. And Broke.---We did Not! Historical evidence of data on all presidential elections
    • 11/20/2012 8:53 PM Susan wrote:
      I felt the same horror and literally thought the same thoughts. And then I cried. And then I prayed.
    • 11/25/2012 5:12 PM Roger wrote:
      With great shame I'd admit to being an American after the election. I can't believe that over 50% of the voters would choose o'bummer to be their free meal. I guess that the offer of free stuff and not having to work is just too much.
      I have worked hard all my life and now I expect to have a comfortable retirement without too many $$ worries. ( yes, I've been lucky).
      I have a great fear that my children will not have that opportunity....let alone my grandkids. President o'bummer has mortgaged their future and there is no way out except for them to work until they drop dead at work.
      I know every generations thinks differently. Just look at my generation.... when we were growing up....Cell phone??? computer??? ( even TV????)
      My grandkids were pounding on a keyboard at 6 weeks old. ( yes - pounding ) It's a totally different world.I just hope they find a way to repair the damage done by President o'bummer.
      Al-Qiada, taliban, ACLU, and other terrorists groups like left wing democrats want to defeat our way of life. The first two by guns, the third by corrupting our morals and belief in God, and the last by spending us into oblivion.
      God help us all.
    • 11/28/2012 6:56 PM jed wrote:
      First time viewer, looks to be a great site that does not hide it true feelings.
    • 11/30/2012 9:01 AM joan bonham wrote:
      i guess those that think they are christians aren't cause a real christian would not vote for abortion, gay marriages, killing our boys and girls overseas and denying it, for phones and pills.
      think about what you christians have done. and if you can live with it, i pitty you.....God is moving away from America, and he was and is our only savior out of this Romney looks good to some of you now doesn't he now that you think about what Obama really stands for. and then again maybe not. maybe that is just you.....
    • 12/3/2012 1:00 PM Linda Gommel wrote:
      Wow. Just the way I felt. I have not recovered. I don't think I will ever recover.
    • 12/12/2012 6:51 PM neucarol wrote:
      Obsma won because he received a majority of votes, votes received from people just like him--never held a job in the private sector, never earned a salary from anyone other than a government entity (think community worker, US Senator, US Representative, State, county, city elected officials, in other words, politicians). These are working-age nonworkers who live on government benefits that are more than comparable to salaries in the private sector, and easier to get and keep. If voted out of office--after even one term--Federal politicians are guaranteed a pension commensurate with their salary for the rest of their lives. And, they can choose their salary, health care plans, free tuition for their children and staffers' children, ad infintum.
      In the last year, the number of working age nonworkers grew to 89.2 million from 86.8 million. Sure, some of that number are unemployable due to disabilities, health, but that is a very small percentage of the 89.2 million.
      Nonworkers need only to fill out a form to make a living from a larger and larger government that only exists to 'spread the wealth around' as Obama told 'Joe, the Plumber' in Ohio in 2008. These are citizens who are not productive members of the US living off the the hard work and taxes of the working labor force.
      Now the question is, how do we convince working-age nonworkers/politicians to become productive members of our society? Am afraid now they have the power, a taste of the good life, and the majority, it will be impossible to take that away much less change.
    • 1/4/2013 9:11 AM Heather wrote:
      Joan, attacking a religious group isn't going to solve the problem. Just because you voted for Obama does not mean that you support abortion and gay rights. I believe that Obama was the lesser evil and that was who I voted for. This is my personal opinion based on economic and foreign affairs, I will not let my religious opinions interfere with the way I vote. If Obama personally feels that abortion and gay marriage is okay whatever that's his personal beliefs. I care about him keeping our country above water.
    • 1/9/2013 10:18 AM Ann wrote:
      I want to know if it is even possible to determine if the election count was done properly-or was it fraud? because I can't believe the count is true-and the smugness felt during the last few debates-VP especially gave me the feeling that they knew it didn't matter, they were going in no matter what-I believe that the taxpaying people of this country-and there are quite a few, the business owners, and those that have come to this great land to have freedom to follow their dreams did NOT vote for what we have, for all of us so upset at the attack against America's people and NO help answered their pleas did not vote for this! The vote count is what I would like to see investigated, I don't know how it could be done-can the states insist on doing their own counts like they used to? can we do a recount-...just want to know if he was really voted in or is this like so much of what has happened such a farce against America's people and the world? I hope this makes sense...the vote is what needs to be looked at because all the people you mentioned probably did not vote for him, and that was such a great number that it just doesn't make sense he got in-guess what I am trying to say is that I would feel better if I knew he won, and people are stupid-then what I keep wondering-was the vote fixed????? any way to prove the count was a TRUE count of people that have the right to vote?

Also, shouldn't we all demand that ALL politicians have the same retirement of us, be effected by the same laws as us, and take a pay DECREASE as many of us, and represent us-the ones that I hoped voted them in?